Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Atlanta Lately...

fire and wine paris on ponce
On Christmas night, my dad fired up the chiminea and made some hot mulled wine // Catting around town with one of my college besties, Claire, whose home base is also ATL. It was  I cannot believe we didn't document all the food we ate...
icebox cake
One of my best friends from high school, Victoria, spent her med-school break at home. She's currently studying in Australia and we hadn't seen each other in a year. During high school and college, my family used to go over to her house for paella and Spanish tapas. Since we were both home, the tradition rallied on. I usually make the dessert, and this time I made this Chocolate Peppermint Icebox Yule Log from Joy the Baker - it was a big hit (note: I used Andes Peppermint Chips instead of the candy canes). 
.
It had been 5 months since I was last home and in some ways it had seemed much longer. There was lots of running around and meeting up with high school and college friends, but also quality family time. As much as I was excited to get back to Chicago, 9 days seemed too short to be at home and I wanted more time. Many moments weren't documented, but I always try to look at that in a good way - you're enjoying your time and are being fully present.
.
xmas morning clint!
Since my mom decorated the house for Christmas with a Mardi Gras-theme, we had King Cake and champagne with orange juice ice cubes for breakfast. // Breakfast with Clint!
paella
close-up of said delicious paella
baby me
Being home means going through baby pictures....

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun time home for the holidays. It seems like you get your entertaining/party skills from your mom. That yule log is A-mazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...