Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Mixtape Monday: Christmas Mix Vol. 10

christkindlmarket
Nesting dolls at Christkindlmarket, Chicago's German Christmas Market
christkindlmarket andrew bird
food at Christkindlmarket, but I ended up getting a soft, feta spinach pretzel and Gl├╝hwein in a souvenir mug // Andrew Bird at the Fourth Presbyterian Church downtown, what a beautiful experience - I am totally going again next year!

Kinda amazed how I almost crossed everything off my Christmas to-do list! This week was jam packed with Chicago's holiday festivities, and I haven't even gone home yet. I am flying south tomorrow morning (Christmas Eve - wish me luck!) for 9 days - it will be the first time I've gone back home since I moved here. There are so many people I am looking forward to seeing for the next few days, I might explode from giddiness. Spending the holiday season in the city has just been phenomenal, and am looking forward to continuing it for years to come. But home. Nothing beats home.

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and safe travels!

I got a present for you, the last holiday mix of the year:

1. Lady December - The Concretes
2. The Friendly Beasts - Sufjan Stevens
3. I'll Be Home for Christmas - Frank Sinatra
4. Something About December - Christina Perri
5. Everything's Changed At Christmas But You - Drew Holcomb & The Neighbors
6. Whatever Happened to Christmas - Aimee Mann
7. Blue Christmas - She & Him
8. It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas - Fruit Bats
9. Frosty the Snowman - Fiona Apple
10. Christmas Thyme - The Olms
11. What Are You Doing New Year's Eve? - Rufus Wainwright
12. Auld Lang Sine - Sufjan Stevens
macy's windows
the famous Macy's windows
christkindlmarket macy's windows
andrew bird
close up of the Andrew Bird altar/stage
macy's windows christkindlmarket
presents 
wrapping presents is my favorite part of gift-giving
 holiday decor in the apt.
easy, fresh holiday decorations for the apartment
southerners in snow 
snow is still magical to us southerners
first big snowfall of the yearxmas coffee table
the first big snowfall // tonight my roommate and I watched Christmas Vacation while sipping spiked hot chocolate and munching on Santa's cookies

2 comments:

  1. We listened to your Christmas mixtape during our dinner! It was lovely :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooooh I love Christkindle market ! Such pretty pictures, hope you had a great holiday :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...