It's been a long time since I've baked up some homemade granola. I always forget how easy it is and how it makes the kitchen smell so heavenly. This granola combination has been on my mind for a while, so glad I finally got around to making it. Keep in mind that this recipe isn't as sweet as your store bought ones, but I guarantee it's healthier - especially with the chia seed addition.
Cherry Coconut Pistachio Granola
1 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
4 cups oats
1 cup unsalted shelled pistachios
1 1/2 tablespoons chia seeds
1/4 tsp salt
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/4 cup water
2/3 cup honey
1/2 cup coconut oil
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 1/4 chopped dried cherries
1. Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
2. Combine coconut, oats, pistachios, and chia seeds in a large bowl.
3. In a small saucepan mix salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, water, honey, maple syrup and coconut oil and bring to a boil. Pour over dry ingredients and toss make sure everything is evenly coated.
4. Spread mixture on a cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes, stirring every so often, until granola is dry and golden.
5. Let cool and stir in dried cherries - can stay in an airtight container for over a week!